PHP is a server-side programming language used for the efficient delivery of dynamic web pages and services. Today, it is one of the most used computer languages and it is also the most preferred for the creation of dynamic websites with multiple features.
PHP for its growing popularity is witnessing several update and upgradation in recent times. The recent years have seen it getting complete revamp and added features as a computer language. The noticeable changes have been far more effective as PHP is an open source platform.
Today, be it game sites, banking sites, e-commerce sites or simple dynamic website all trust PHP platform. The game development company has benefitted immensely from the modernization, updates, and upgradation of PHP. The latest development of PHP 7 has opened up newer scope for web development.
What is new in PHP 7?
- There are many new features of which the new version will be loved for its ‘ability to increase performance and access to memory usage optimization’.
- PHP 7 developers are happier for parallel support of PSR – 7 a standardized HTTP messaging feature.
- The latest version makes web developers work with more compatibility and suitability towards the new concept of ‘Internet of Things’.
The good side and biggest advantage of PHP 7 are it opened up many trends for developers to pick and apply.
5 PHP Development trends to pick from Release of PHP Version – 7:
- Faster: It’s a new release and updates. However, many applications have already entered into PHP – 7 and have also experienced higher performance in comparison to PHP 5.6 version.
The surprising fact was it doesn’t consume RAM unnecessarily. There has been a decrease of 50% RAM during request processing.
Errors those could have stopped applications earlier are now not worrying for developers, as they are processed as exceptions.
- Flexible: PSR – 7 has been the biggest development of PHP in last few years. The reason being it’s a standard that not defines HTTP messages, but also achieves interoperability between frameworks.
It also gives the convenience of making web applications function in middleware patterns.
- Future Forecast: Tech experts are opening of the fact that by the year 2025, which is 7 years away we will reach a point, where half of the American companies will run approximately 10 or more than 10 applications.
PHP, in that case, seems to be holding the top position for development purpose in tech startups. However, it is not considered as the only solution or best choice for complex web solutions.
- Responsive Web Development: Today developers are busy with ensuring high quality ‘UX – user experience and UI – user interface’. The reason being we spent a lot of time browsing web online. The main medium is smartphones. So, satisfy the user need the PHP development is providing a seamless service for web applications to run on different devices.
These are not the end, more trends are gearing up for developers to discover, learn, and apply.